We ship playground equipment all around the world. Our global presence provides PlaygroundEquipment.com customer service representatives the task of handling a variety of situations on a regular basis.
Shipping can be a real punch on some heavy commercial items. Figure this: a swing made exclusively in Pennsylvania being shipped to Anchorage, Alaska. Freight truck by land is too expensive. This swing goes the long stretch across the entire United States, on a boat, and then on a truck to the end user. All this gas and handling tends to add up. Now for most customers, this is not the case. Commercial playground equipment will generally ship freight with the exception of small items such as swing parts. The different types of shipping methods can be found below:
Freight (YRC, SAIA, Estes, & more)
- Most commercial items (many ship on pallets as pictured)
- Many residential playsets ship freight
- Dry van most common (18 wheeler)
- Flatbed for specific shipments (shades & shelters of great size)
- Products usually arrive 3-7 days from the day of departure
UPS Ground, FedEx, USPS
- Most swing parts such as seats and hardware
- Some spring bouncers depending on quantity
- Will not accept larger items such as swings
- Most commercial products are several feet in length
- Quick shipping time
- Good for east coast to west coast deliveries
- Rubber mulch from coast to coast
- We allow customers to utilize their own shipper if requested
- Many manufacturers will allow customer pickup (mom and pop in a pickup)
- We had a customer drive from Newark to St. Louis (1,000 miles)
- Freight was $289.00
- Roundtrip is just about 2,000 miles
- Truck getting 18 miles per gallon ($334.00 in gas)
- Plus hotel bills and food
- Freight is a great deal
Playground equipment is manufactured at specific facilities in several states:
- Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and more.
We do our best to estimate shipping times online and at the time when you place an order. Many commercial items are made to order. Manufacturers cannot and will not stock equipment. Take for example a single post swing. The swing is offered in 21 colors of paint and 4 sizes. They would need to have 84 units painted just to have one in every color. Not to mention they have 10 different models of swings, each with 4 sizes. Now the inventory would need to include 840 swings. This would require a huge amount of investment, warehouse space, and specific demand for each color. As a result, most orders of commercial grade playground equipment take 2-4 weeks as items are painted and welded to meet the specific order.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for any reason. Please do not ship any materials back without Return Material Authorization (RMA). Anything received without an RMA is returned to sender at sender’s expense. Some items described below may not be returned under any circumstance.
A minimum 25% restocking fee will be charged on any order cancelled after approval. The manufacturer upon arrival of the returned goods determines this amount. The party returning the merchandise must pay the freight to return it back. The item(s) must return in saleable condition. Freight charges to and from your locations are non-refundable. When we make mistakes, we pay the return shipping costs.
Unloading: With freight, it is the truck driver’s responsibility to move the freight to the back of the truck but not to off-load the item(s). Some services such as lift-gate and inside delivery may be available at an additional charge. These special services must be requested before shipment to avoid incurring re-delivery charges.
Damages & Shortages: You are responsible to count the freight and note any and all shortages on the delivery receipt. All damages to packing must be noted on the delivery receipt with a brief description. These notes must be made before signing the reciept. If equipment is missing from your order or damaged and not noted on the delivery receipt, please call us within 24 hours so we may try to assist in finding the missing items or filing a concealed damage claim on your behalf. The trucking company is only liable for your goods if noted on the delivery receipt.
Example Note on Delivery Reciept: One carton damages and three cartons short.
Special Note: If you do not sign the delivery receipt short or damaged when the condition exists, we cannot file a claim, and the replacement items become your financial responsibility.
Refunds: You should expect to receive a refund within four weeks of product return.
Non-Returnable Products (not returnable for any refund):
- Installed playground equipment
- Shade equipment
- Any surface including and not limited to poured-in-place, rubber mulch, rubber tiles, and wood fiber
- Damaged or defective products that have been replaced at no cost
- Equipment returned more than 30 days after delivery of the equipment
- Items returned without Return Material Authorization
- Any product returned freight collect
- Products that did not exceed $50.00
- Promotional or free items including Facebook promotions