The Sun provides us with a number of important functions. The Sun gives us warmth, it helps plants and vegetation grow and many other valuable functions. In moderation it is one of the best parts of our lives. However, if you are exposed to too much of the Sun you can be putting yourself at risk of burns, dehydration and possibly at risk of skin cancer.
Being outside during the daylight people are in direct sunlight. Whether you are a child playing in the playground or an adult working in your yard, you are potentially at risk. To protect yourself from overexposure of the Sun, it is important to take certain precautions. Limiting the amount of time in the Sun, finding shade when possible, wearing clothes that cover exposed skin, sunscreen usage and wearing hats are all effective ways to limit your skin to exposure to the Sun.
To learn more about the dangers of prolonged exposure to the Sun and what you can do to prevent overexposure, we have included the following resources. Please feel free to use this information to stay safe while in the Sun. Forward this information to others who can benefit from this knowledge. And, stay safe and have fun in the Sun!
Dangers of UV Exposure from the Sun
- Sun Exposure and Skin Cancer
- Sun Safety and Kids Health
- The Potential Risks of Sun Exposure
- The Dangers of Sun Exposure
- Sun Safety: The Effects of Sunlight
- Health Effects of UV Radiation
- Sun Exposure Dangers
Importance of Sun Protection
- Sun Protection and Tanning Safety
- How Can I Protect My Children from the Sun
- Prevalence of Sunburn
- Tips for Limiting Sun Exposure
- Why is Sun Protection Important?
- Protecting From Sun Damage
- Keeping Kids Safe From the Sun
Sun Protection Information and Methods
- Sun Safety Information and Advice
- Sun and Skin Exposure
- Causes, Symptoms and Treatment of Sunburn
- WHO Sun Protection
- Shade - Skin Cancer Foundation
- Sun Safety and Skin Cancer
- What is Sun Safe Clothing?
- Dressing Your Baby in Sun Protective Clothing
- Clothing to Protect Yourself in the Sun
- Preventing Eye Damage from the Sun
- How to Pick Good Sunglasses
- UV Radiation and Your Eyes
- Sunscreen and Safety Information for Kids
- Information About Sunscreen Ratings and Ingredients
- Sunscreen and Sun Protection
- Hats and Sun Safety for Kids
- EPA Sun Safety Resources
- Sun Safety for Youth