Recreational time is critical for healthy children and adults. Children tend to enjoy playgrounds, and parents want to build them. Planning for the construction of a DIY project is important, as one must accommodate for safety, grade of materials, and usage by children. Many parents call us with a plan or a notion of a plan. They want to attach a swing to a tree, a slide to a deck, or something similar in nature.
Risk Factors: There are not bad ideas given a proper understanding and acceptance of risk. Please understand play equipment is manufactured for a specific use, not a general use. We offer swing seats made for swing sets, not trees. Generally, the slide is offered as an independent unit or as an event on a play system. However many of our slides have been used to create a one-of-a-kind adventure, indoors and out. Consult an architect when adding an indoor plastic or steel slide inside your home or business.
Anticipate Costs: Many individuals do not realize that custom commercial playground equipment components can be costly. If one wants a custom slide of commercial quality that is over 10 feet high with twists and curves, it is not going to be an item one can obtain locally. Such items are custom made to the customer’s specifications and have a much higher cost than many anticipate.
Satisfying Results: Building a custom playground can be a challenge, but a rewarding one once accomplished. Understanding and removing major risks can avoid some injuries entirely. Proper planning will save time and money. Whether your plans include a large structure or individual components, contact us for planning a safe playground within your budget.
Popular Playground Articles
- Achieve Sensory Play with Sand Diggers
- Church Playground Equipment
- Commercial vs. Residential
- Benefits of Metal and Steel Products on Outdoor Playgrounds
- Benefits of Playground Monkey Bars
- Choose Slide Equipment by Shape and Material
- Encourage Imaginative Play
- Get Kids Moving with Spiral Slides
- How to Inspire with a Jungle Gym
- Maintain Fitness with Outdoor Parallel Bars
- Manage Your Purchase of School Playground Equipment
- Plan Your Green Play Space
- Spend Less When Buying Used Play Equipment
- Steps to Buying Play Equipment for Outdoor Use
- Tube Slides: More Than Fun
- Factors for Designing Community Playgrounds at Parks
- Factors in Choosing Playgrounds for Preschoolers
- Play Taking Shape: Your Guide for Designing Playgrounds
- Special Design Consideration for Faith-Based Play Equipment
- Tips on Making a Playground Safe Through Planning and Improvements
- Tips to Create a Wheelchair Accessible Playground
- Your Guide to Plan an Indoor Playground
- Encourage Development with the Balance Beam
- Then and now: Childrens' Recreation Over the Last 30 Years
- The History of Playground Equipment
How They Make It
- Merry-Go-Rounds: Revolving into a Safer Ride
- Plastics: Breaking Down the Costs of Playgrounds
- Turning Used Plastic Containers into Playgrounds for Children
- Under Heavy Use: Play Equipment at Schools
- 30 Inspirational Quotes from Fictional Teachers and Mentors
- 42 Quotes on the Importance of Play
- Alphabet of Nostalgia: 90s Edition
- Build It Right, Play It Right!
- Is Your Playground Equipment Safe?
- Parents, Assemble!
- Play Together, Stay Together!
- Shy Kids, Spy Kids: Why Kids Don't Play Outside Anymore [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Playlist: 50 Reasons to Believe in the Power of Play [Infographic]
- 14 Most Common Terms for Playground Equipment
- Get Outside and Play for Fun and Fitness
- Sun Safety for Kids on the Playground
- Top Five Reasons to Use a Shade
- Top Seven Popular Playground Themes
- Benefits of Choosing Wood Playgrounds Over Plastic
- Common Mistakes & Tips for a Safe Backyard Playground
- Design & Safety Residential Play Equipment
- Home Playground Quality: Should I choose Commercial or Residential?
- Swing Set Quality: Commercial Versus Residential
- Timber Play Equipment: Designed for Parents to Assemble and Kids to Play
- Wooden Playgrounds: Built for a Backyard Adventure
- Advice for Avoiding Conflict on the Playground and in School
- Athletic Safety Equipment for Gym Class and Beyond
- Fun and Safe Playground Games for Your Children
- Playground Safety and First Aid Tips
- Playground safety and health: The importance of vaccinations
- Social Media Safety at the Online Playground
- Staying Cool While Exercising Outside
- Be a Playground Helper - Learn About Recycling
- Building Motor Skills on the Playground
- Guide to Promoting Good Sportsmanship On The Playground
- Learning About Insects on the Playground
- Parent & Teacher Guide to Keeping Kids Safe on the Playground
- Play Therapy Techniques
- Schools Cutting Recess
- Think Outside the Sandbox: Creative Ways to Keep Kids Active